Sonneborn, a HollyFrontier business within our Lubricants and Specialty Products division, is seeking a Product Line Manager. The Product Line Manager is responsible for developing and executing the product line growth strategy to drive top line revenue growth and overall margin expansion. Defines the value proposition, product differentiation and commercial development needs for Holly Frontier Lubricants & Specialty Products division (HFLSP) success as a solution provider creating barriers to entry. The product line manager drives alignment with key stakeholders to cover all relevant cross functional considerations to ensure they are addressed in the commercial development of new products and markets as well as in the management of existing products. Coordinates the execution of the strategy internally and externally with team members. Supports commercial endeavors on a day to day basis across all aspects of their product slate.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the product line(s) from strategic planning to tactical execution within each market segment
- Together, with Sales responsible for development of budget, top line revenue growth, margin optimization and realization of the product line budget and growth strategy
- Determine overall pricing and margin strategy, optimize supply and demand issues, identify key prospects
- Develop in-depth understanding of the marketplace including applications, customer base, competitive landscape, cost drivers, trends and alternative technology
- Evaluate and determine financial objectives and conducts product line reviews to monitor performance
- Conduct ROI analysis of new projects in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Review and approve product line needs and ideas submitted relative to value and strategic fit
- Analyze potential partner relationships and contracts
- Lead cross functional teams around product line issues incorporating Operations, Supply & Demand, Planning, Purchasing, Regulatory, Technology, Technical Service, Pricing, Customer Care, Logistics, Legal
- Define implementation strategy, marketing needs and budget
- Execute key marketing activities to ensure the right positioning, messaging and tools are delivered including presentations, collateral material, promotions and trade participation
- Collaborate with Global Marketing on Specialties branding, digital and social media, trademark management to ensure Corporate harmonization and efficient utilization of resources available for support
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related experience in sales, technical service and/or market/product development
- Technical 4-year degree related to chemistry
- Masters of Business Administration is preferred
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Leadership strengths that help build collaboration through a non-authoritative style
- Experience and familiarity with Holly Frontier Lubricants & Specialties products and applications of oils, petrolatums, waxes
- A unique blend of business (commercial and financial) and technical savvy to recognize new opportunities, prioritize based on financial assessment, define the commercial development strategy and deliver on the tools to achieve success
- A big picture visionary and the drive to make that vision reality.
- Desire to find innovative solutions and the courage to act on them.
- Excellent communication with the ability to translate technical information into an effective and targeted value proposition
- Team player with strong interpersonal and relationship building kills
- Comfortable making decisions based on both facts and judgement
- Office based with up to 20% – 40% travel by land and air required; accompany sales representatives, meet with customers and suppliers, and attend trade events
- Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment
- Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions if driving.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 25lbs, perceiving color differences, and wearing personal protective equipment (beards not permitted). Job conditions may require standing, walking, twisting, stooping, crouching and kneeling.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs