March 16, 2020
Dear Philadelphia Section Members,
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19), the STLE Board of Directors has voted today to cease (postpone) all section activities in which groups of individuals are in contact with each other (meetings, social events, education programs, etc.) until the STLE Board has deemed it safe to resume these activities. A reassessment of the situation by the STLE Board of Directors will be made on June 1st, 2020.
This action affects the following upcoming Philadelphia Section events:
- March 19, 2020 Commercial Marketing Forum
- Postponed to the 2020-2021 Technical Session Calendar
- April 8, 2020- Delaware Valley Science Fair Special Judging
- Unfortunately, STLE Philadelphia Section will not be able to participate as judges this year as the Special Awards section has been cancelled
- April 25, 2020- Philadelphia Science Festival Carnival on the Parkway- What is Tribology?
- Event has been cancelled by the Franklin Institute
- April 29, 2020 George Arbocus Education Course- POSTPONED to Fall 2020
In addition, the STLE 75th Annual Meeting & Exhibition scheduled to take place in Chicago on May 3-7, 2020 is POSTPONED. STLE meeting staff are currently working with the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Chicago, IL (USA) to determine a suitable date to hold the event.
As of today, the Annual Golf Outing is still scheduled for June 29th. We are aware that the situation is ever evolving and will keep our members up to date if we need to modify or cancel the annual golf outing.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the details and provide more information about cancelled or postponed events at both the local and national level. Please direct questions regarding Philadelphia Section meeting reschedules to: Neil Cantor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philadelphia Section Chair