Petro-Canada America Lubricants Inc. (PCA), located in Oak Park, Illinois, is seeking a Technical Services Advisor. Reporting to the Manager, Lubricants Technical Services U.S.A., the Technical Services Advisor will work closely with the Technical Services, Sales, Research and Development, Marketing, Customer Service and Quality Systems departments to provide technical expertise on equipment lubrication and maintenance and lubricant products application. The purpose of this role is to support the Lubricants Sales organization in gaining, developing and servicing USA business through excellent customer relationships.
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Petro-Canada America Lubricants sales team, their distributors and end-use customers
- Represent Petro-Canada Lubricants as the technical subject matter expert for all segment product applications to support sales to grow existing and obtain new business in various segments, while developing strong relationships
- Develop, modify and deliver technical presentations and organize and participate in training seminars to end users, distributors, Petro-Canada Lubricants staff and industry organizations
- Coordinate, lead, monitor and support customer acceptance tests of existing products or pre-commercialization prototype product field trials to input into the development and launching of new products
- Investigate and resolve product application problems by conducting root cause analysis while working with research and development (R&D) and quality assurance personnel in resolving perceived product quality issues
- Conduct plant lubrication surveys of various sizes, as required, from basic walk-through to validating critical applications to complete point-by-point detailed charting of entire facilities, including presenting to the facility managers in desired format and creating of wall charts, etc.
- Share industry-specific field knowledge to internal stakeholders regarding product performance, customer needs and industry trends
- Work with third party laboratories for troubleshooting, support our LUBE360 Oil Diagnostics and our customer’s oil analysis efforts
- Support efforts to obtain product approvals by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)
- Provide back-up technical support to other technical services advisors in other geographic regions and segments as required
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- At least five years of experience in a petroleum, base oils/lubricants and equipment-related field
- At least five years of experience with excellent knowledge of lubricants development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, and equipment reliability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, with the Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) certification as an asset; or a Technology diploma with the CLS certification as a requirement
- Excellent knowledge of lubricants development, testing protocols, equipment application and performance, and equipment reliability
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, SAP, customer relationship management (CRM) mobile sales, and database management
- Strong knowledge of commercial and industrial lubricants and their applications for rotating equipment in a wide range of industries, including food, general manufacturing, fleet and construction, steel, power generation, mining, etc.
- Knowledge of base oil refining technologies and chemical industry processes and the chemical effects imparted on base oils and lubricants by those technologies
- Working knowledge and participation in audits of ISO/TS quality and environmental systems and OEM registrations, warehouse, blending, and distribution protocols
- Ability to lead customer acceptance trials as well as comprehensive investigations and root cause analysis to resolve perceived product quality issues
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent written communication and oral presentation skills for audiences of varying sizes, backgrounds, and levels of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams as well as working independently with minimal supervision
- The position will be based in a home office within one of the territories listed below: (other locations or slightly outside of that territory may be considered depending on the experience level and location of the applicant)
A) Mid-Atlantic, the territory is Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia
B) Florida/Georgia territory
- Extensive travel, primarily within these territories, which could include occasional travel to other states or countries (e.g. Canada) for industry events, company functions, training, etc.