- This event has passed.
2nd Annual George Arbocus Education Course
May 2, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The STLE Philadelphia Section is proud to announce that the 2nd Annual George Arbocus Education Course will be held on Wednesday, May 2nd from 9 AM – 3 PM at a special location, the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum near the Philadelphia International Airport. The Simeone Museum features an extensive collection of vintage racing cars dating back to 1909. Every car in the collection has been raced. Lunch and time to tour the museum will be included.
The education course will focus on ways the automotive industry is using lubricants to improve efficiency. Featuring:
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Peter Lee, Principal Engineer – Tribology, Southwest Research Institute; “Racing to the Future of Automotive Efficiency”
- Paul Harvath, Senior Project Engineer for Advanced Lubrication, General Motors Corporation; “Engine Oil Analysis – Past, Present and Future – A Chemist’s Tale
- Monica Beyer, North American Product Manager for Driveline Lubricants, The Lubrizol Corporation; “Charging Ahead with Lubricant Technology for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles”
- David Gray, North American OEM Manager, Evonik Oil Additives USA, Inc.; “Fluid Solutions to the Problem of Improving Vehicle Efficiency.”
- Lake Speed Jr., General Manager, Driven Racing Oil;” Utilizing Tribology to Find Hidden Horsepower in Racing Engines.”
- Antron Brown, Don Schumacher Racing, American Drag Racer, “Nitromethane Dilution of NHRA’s Top Fuel Racing Oil.”
Advanced Registration: $ 85 by Wednesday, April 18th
Registration: $ 95 by Tuesday, May 1st
Registration at the Door: $ 125