American Refining Group, Inc. delivers specialty refining solutions for a diversified set of industrial market applications. Our product line includes base oils, solvents, waxes, resins, fuels, and blended lubes. We are an ESOP company that has an “ownership” culture seen throughout all parts of the company.
This position, as well as every other position at American Refining Group, is required to conduct their work at a high level of safety performance. Not only do we require our employees to adhere to the safety policies and procedures, we also expect that they will help their colleagues to follow the safety policies and safety procedures as well. Our company goal is to strive for a Zero-Incident environment that is a benefit to our employees and our community. Our commitment to safety is identified as one of our company’s core values “Safety is Our Compass”
The Applications Group within the R&D department has an opening for a Senior Chemist. This position will report to the Principal Scientist / Manager of the R&D Applications Group. The purpose of this role is:
· Provide technical and some market expertise in specific refinery product area(s)
· Identify the best projects for R&D to work on
· Work with sales and marketing to stay current with customer needs and industry trends
· Visit customers to both relay and collect information
· Represent company at industrial meetings and conferences
· Conducting appropriate lab work
· Additional responsibilities include analytical method development, writing technical reports, progress reports, standard operating procedures, supporting the chemical hygiene plan, and performing document control in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
The required qualifications for Senior Chemist are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering from an accredited college or university, a graduate degree is desirable
- Specialized knowledge in an area of refinery products: 7-10 years of experience in refinery products and their applications is a prerequisite, preference will be given to candidates that have experience with solvents, base/process oils, and waxes.
- Must have well defined interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers and also the ability to effectively prioritize and handle several different projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is essential. Up to 25% travel is required to attend customer visits, trade shows, industry seminars, etc.
- The position is a dayshift position; however, some occasional weekend work or shift work may be required for pilot studies and other experimentation. Must be adaptable to the challenges that arise in an R&D environment.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Windows based programs including Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and Outlook as well as other applicable software.
- Knowledge of refinery operation is a plus.
Apply – https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=bcb64c6a-d6bc-41e6-95a9-9093c686365c&selectedMenuKey=CurrentOpenings