USA | Delaware – New Castle Closing date – 31 Mar 2019
Croda is seeking a motivated scientist in an entry level role of Applications Scientist to join our Energy Technologies R&T team, located at our Atlas Point facility in New Castle, DE.
- Under the guidance from lead scientists or managers, conduct directed and routine technical project work for Croda’s Advanced Technologies & Performance Products (AT&PP) markets, with focus on the lubricant and metalworking applications.
- Apply technical knowledge to formulate and evaluate new and existing Lubricant and metalworking products to meet market needs.
- Design and carry out multiple lab experiments simultaneously; review results and seek answers to problems encountered through collection of data and investigation.
- Document work in notebooks and/or databases as appropriate.
- Write technical reports, manufacturing packages, and methods as requested.
Technical Service and Support
- Provide technical support to sales and marketing when required (e.g., answering customer technical enquiries, recommending Croda products, providing training and perhaps work directly at the customers’ facilities).
- Communicate technical information clearly, through emails and technical reports to technical and commercial team members and customers.
- Capture and report the technical service and support work into appropriate databases.
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Tribology or Materials Science
- 0-3 years of experience in the Lubricants or metal working markets
- Creative and tenacious with good planning skills
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically or internationally
- Customer-facing potential
- This is a hands-on laboratory R&D position that will require periodic lifting of 25 to 30 lbs; safely working with hazardous chemicals as well as literature searching and technical report writing.