Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual will report to the Sales Manager Specialties and the ABM will be responsible for managing the Specialties sales for an assigned territory/customer base with focus on supporting the Bio-lube business that includes High-Performance & Sustainable Lubricants (Esters) , Corrosion Inhibitor Chemistries and Greases (Ozone Acids). This responsibility includes managing the sales and margin generation from the assigned customer base as well as the identification and closing of new business opportunities (NBO’s). This is a home based position (preference (Chicago/Cleveland area).
Other main responsibilities include:
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationship on all levels (Purchasing, Technical, Business Management),
• Understand and communicate customer needs that includes helping the business to find the right price to establish the correct value within the identified market segments,
• Provide regular forecasts,
• Prepare call reports
• Provide regular customer updates including NBO tracking
• Provide customer, market and competitive intelligence,
• Follow standard policies and procedures including timely reporting.
Individual will work closely with Sales Management, Global Business Platform Managements, and Technical groups to also develop new business above the market via development and management of leads. As needed, individual will also support other Specialties Global Platforms that includes the Account Management in the region as well as to assist the Business on special growth target projects.
Education and experience requirements:
• BA/BS required; with preference in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, plus MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5 plus years of experience in technical specialty chemicals sales.
• Prior sales experience working for Esters (Base Oils), Additives, or Additive Package companies.
• Working knowledge of lubricant applications, performance requirements, formulations and test methods, preferred
• Self-Starter, well organized, motivated and a proven track record of sales growth
• Good understanding of key commercial and financial metrics
• Excellent verbal, written communications, and strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, influencing, organizational and planning skills.
• Must be able to travel ~ 50% – 75% ( not necessarily overnight travel)
• Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office based programs.
To Apply, Contact: Al Abrusia, President
Abrusia & Associates, Executive Search
5530 Corbin Ave #101
Tarzana, CA 91356
Cell: 818-370 2538