Market Development Consultant – Plastics
Company Name The Chemours Company Company Location Wilmington, DE, US
Market Development Consultant – PlasticsUS – DE – Wilmington (Chesnut Run) PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.) As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE has a Market Development Consultant (offerings) position for the Plastics segment in the Americas region, available in Wilmington, DE. This position will be part of the Technical Marketing organization reporting to the Americas Segment Manager of the Plastics segment in the Titanium Technologies business.The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understand the impact of TiO2 in multiple resin systems and convert into offering & product improvement ideas
- Manage projects related to application development in the plastics market to help the business meet their strategic growth objectives
- Delivery of technical goals that are aligned against business objectives, which could include performance evaluation of existing products and new product candidates in applications already served in the market or future applications where the business plans to grow; evaluation of improved formulations that use TiO2 in the plastics market
- Lead & coordinate offering development projects in support of the downstream / brand licensing program receiving guidance from global branding manager in coordination with regional segment manager
- Participate in internal and external meetings and organizations representing significant downstream opportunity potential (Trade associations/fairs for segments important to our customers, research or technical meetings on new opportunities)
- Primary point of contact for validation of new branded offering concepts
- Engage in or lead customer-facing activities and projects to support business strategies at key customers through participation at the customer interface.
- Monitor industry trends to develop strong understanding of relevant external technologies and leverage to internal needs
- Develop and deliver value propositions for TiO2 in plastics
- Earn the role of subject matter expert within business and wider corporation. Influences project team colleagues (R&D, Business) and internal and/or external customers
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Ability to travel 20-40% of time to customers/end users and trade shows
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation and written skills
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science/Engineering, Material Science or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in plastics industry, preferably with a focus on PVC or polyolefin compounding. Prior experience working in a plastics processing laboratory including compounding and/or film extrusion is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of technical success and technical knowledge. Excellent understanding of the plastics industry and good business acumen.
- Proven application development skills and familiar with design of experiments and its application
- Knowledge of market research methodologies
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Strong Marketing/Business expertise
- Customer facing sales / marketing / or technical service experience
- Experience coordinating activities across multiple functions in a corporate environment (finance, legal, commercial and marketing organizations).
- Fluent in Spanish is desirable (not a must)
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.Chemours is an E-Verify employer.Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodationIf the spirit of customer centricity, refreshing simplicity, collective entrepreneurship, safety obsession and unshakable integrity we are the home of some of the world’s greatest brands and greatest employees! Learn how you could be a catalyst for change at Chemours.At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.Posted 11 Days Ago Full time JR1383A new company. A new purpose. A new commitment to customers and chemistry. We are Chemours. And even more exciting is how our employees are committed to be catalysts for better. The word “ours” is in our name intentionally. It is about our employees, our customers and our world. Our values are simple: We seek to put our customers first always. We encourage creativity and simplicity. We give you the ability to operate with the innovation and enthusiasm of an entrepreneur. We are obsessed with making our world safe and we do this all with unshakable integrity – doing what is right. See chemistry in a different way at Chemours.
See more info here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/534170560/