The Dow Chemical Company
The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting job opportunity as a SynthesisTechnologist in the development of emulsion polymers for use in architectural coating applications located in Collegeville, PA. In this role the technologist will have the opportunity to work closely with synthesis, application and analytical colleagues. Day to day work will involve planning experiments, running emulsion polymerizations reactions and measuring physical polymer properties. Results will be organized and maintained in an electronic laboratory notebook and communicated effectively with coworkers and supervisors. Efficient computer skills are needed to prepare experiments and to analyze and report results.The desired candidate will have synthesis experience. They should enjoy working on a high performing teams, be comfortable with analytical equipment, adept use in the use of software platforms, and have good interpersonal and organization skills. The candidate must have the flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of their project team and the Coatings Business The ability to work safely and independently is a must. A working understanding of emulsion polymerization is a plus.The following items describe the areas of responsibility for the technologist selected for this position:
- Safely conduct laboratory emulsion polymer synthesis. (Training on lab equipment will be provided in this role.) This includes taking ownership of synthesis equipment to insure reliable day-to-day operation.
- Basic understanding of chemistry; familiarity with emulsion polymerization would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with typical characterization methods used for polymers (particle size measurement, molecular weight, residual monomers, solid content etc.).
- Effective communicator who works well as part of a larger team and interacts in a professional manner.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation if the position is offered to someone who lives outside the area or reimbursement for travel to and from interviews. If you consider a position that is not within the area you reside you will be responsible for all cost that incur.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills – inspire others and lead them through influence.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
- Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be able to willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
- Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- 1 or more years of experience in synthesis is preferred.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associate’s degree in relevant science field/4+ years military experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership – and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
For more information, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/485439790/