Technical Development Manager- Lubricant Additives Division
King Industries is actively looking to hire a Technical Development Manager within our Lubricant Additivies Division (LAD) . Ideal candidates should have a Bachelor or Master degree in Organic Chemsitry, as well as a minimum of ten to fifteen years of relevant work experience in developing, formulating and testing of additives, packages and specialty lubricants. Reponsibilities will include, developing new additive products, optimizing performance benefits in specialty lubricant formulations, supervising performance testing and evaluations, providing technical support to customers, plus preapring technical reports and presentations to support the marketing of King lube additive products . Periodic visits to customers will be required.
- Excellent knowledge of lube additives, industrial lubricant formulations and customer requirements.
- Excellent technical skills in formulating and testing of specialty lubricants.
- Ability to interact well with customer s and with King’s sales team and management
- Ability to provide innovating solutions to customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Excellent computer skills (Technical reports, data, presentations…)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS/MS in Organic Chemistry
- 10-15 years’ experience in developing, formulating and testing of additives, packages and specialty lubricants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop new products including packages and synergistic blends of additives optimized to provide specific performance benefits in specialty lubricants.
- Manage team responsible for developing, testing and technical support of King lube additives, blends and packages.
- Supervise performance testing and evaluations of King additives, blends, packages and NA-LUBE® alkylates.
- Develop model formulations to highlight the performance benefits of King additives, blends, packages and NA-Lube alkylates.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations to support the selling of King products to the lubricant market.
- Joint visits with sales staff to key accounts to help promote King products.
- Provide technical support to customers to help them solve specific formulating problems and to achieve specific performance goals with the use of King’s products.
- Technical presentations to target accounts and at conferences/trade shows.
- Provide technical assistance to sales team.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required.
- Working Location: King Labs, Norwalk, CT.
To apply, please your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
LinkedIn Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/295900897/