Sales Representative, Northeast for a Specialty Chemicals company. Salary to $120K ++
Specialty niche manufacturer of water based resin systems for paints and coatings has immediate need for an accomplished Northeast sales professional. The geographic territory is from New England through SE Pennsylvania with a well established account base and strong potential for account growth and penetration.
Company has manufacturing and technical resources in the Eastern US and in Europe. It’s products are cutting-edge and tailored to meet the growing need for green chemistry in the coatings industry.
Major responsibilities and duties:
- manage sales in territory
- manage sales goals and gross profit goals
- service existing accounts
- identify new accounts
- identify customer’s needs for new business
- provide technical support to customers regarding the application of material primarily through individual knowledge or by working with Technical Service
- establish product and market goals in consultation with the President
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop annual sales plan for territory that aligns in- line with business and strategy. Manage territory to reach specific sales dollar goals, gross profit dollar goals, number of new accounts and market penetration at accounts to achieve goals outlined by the President. Plan itinerary two weeks in advance to realize sales goals and maximize use of time.
- Utilize BCM and SQL databases and extracts sales information from ERP System on territory and account activity on an on-going basis. Actively uses t his information to better manage outcomes at the account.
- Collect market price information; implement price increases with customers when market conditions dictate a change. Negotiate charges and implement price/ service charge increases.
- Manage competitive situations effectively. Solicit information from customer and validate its accuracy. Apply critical thinking to determine most effective path forward for company. Recommend course of action to the VP of Sales & Marketing. Effectively implement chosen strategy at the account.
- Organic Growth:
- Deep knowledge and skill in overall sales process, preparing for customer calls, anticipating customer needs and working through any customer issues.
- Understand what percentage of customers company has captured. Of the remaining business, identify what percentage might be adequately served by existing company products. Identifies accounts where incremental growth would align with territory, and line of business strategy.
- Develop understanding of customer’s business including near and midterm business need/projects. Present value propositions. Determine if customer needs match company’s line of business, and territory strategy.
- < /SPAN>Develop realistic and accurate forecast of customers demand. Updates and inform colleagues through BCM when necessary.
- Managing Working Capital:
- Accounts Receivable: Ensures that customer pays company within the terms of their agreement. When necessary be able to confront customers when they are past due and secure reimbursement to the Company. Be able to land business within the terms company seeks (without extending additional terms).
- In ventory: Ensures that material ordered to meet anticipated customer need is sold in a timely manner within material planning guidelines. Identify and implement plans to alternatively sell aging material to minimize impact on company’s working capital.
- Prospecting / Qualifying New Business:
- Access information about market activity in the geography within territory. Identify prospective accounts though market intelligence from multiple sources.
- Qualify prospects to determine if they align with company strategy and meet Company expectat ions of a customer (credit worthiness). Make cold calls and prospect calls to continue to keep the number of future sales opportunities full. Translate opportunities into accounts sold.
- Information assessment:
- Maintains all necessary information regarding sales territory and accounts in BCM (includes: two weeks of sales itineraries, leads, opportunities, wins, losses). Respond to requests for information in a timely fashion. Maintain accurate information in Companyh systems to avoid post sale customer service or pricing issues.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sourcing and Logistics to ensure Company is able to succeed in meeting customer needs.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- B.S. degree in chemistry, physical sciences, or other with appropriate experience.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
Professional Qualification: knowledge, skills, abilities, attributes
- 5 plus years of experience selling chemical raw materials (resins, pigments, additives, solvents, fillers, etc.) into the coatings, adhesives, sealants, and elastomers (CASE) industries.
- Track record of past sales successes
- High level of self-motivation, self-direction and self- discipline
- Strong prospecting and closing skills
- Local market knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel overnight
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with BCM, ERP Systems, and other software packages are beneficial
If interested, please contact:
Joseph F. Burns
Sanford Rose Associates – Philadelphia North
Executive Search – Specialty Chemicals & Materials Practice Group
PO Box 269 | Moorestown, NJ 08057
Toll Free: 888.633.0211 | Direct : 215.428.9121