Please feel free to reach out to me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions prior to applying online!
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
At Ingevity, our origins are deeply rooted in the pine tree. In our Industrial Specialties business, our starting materials of crude tall oil and lignin are derived from the pine tree. We transform these materials into a variety of specialty chemicals for a multitude of different markets, including adhesives, publication inks, rubber, pulp & paper, lubricants, coatings, soaps & detergents, polyamides, mining, textiles, agrichemicals, and biofuels. Although we’ve been at this for decades, our journey is just beginning…
We have a vision of bold growth through the creation of innovative product offerings for the customers and markets we serve. We are investing heavily in our global operations, supply chain, and commercial & technical talent. The right people are critical to making this vision a reality and we are committed to our people serving as our strongest competitive advantage. We are looking for an accomplished Technical Director to lead our technical support and product development efforts to create & deliver value to the markets we serve.
The ideal candidate is a bold creative thinker, seasoned leader, and has a prolific track record of successfully leading teams to develop & commercialize innovation.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we’re so glad!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Skilled developer of effective & cohesive teams and team leaders – we strive to be viewed as a market leading technical & innovation organization in the markets we serve.
- Serves as thought leader for innovation & technology integration into the business strategy – this is a critical foundation for our future success. Establishes goals for the technical organization that are supportive and aligned with business unit strategies.
- Proven experience in leading teams to create differentiated products to solve or advance our customers’ business through the focus on customers & markets. Successfully executes and oversees our innovation pipeline process.
- Participates in alliance and development activities with key business partners. Understands value generation through problem solving using innovation & technology.
- Unwavering steward of our commitment to Responsible Care, regulatory, safety, and overall product stewardship. Maintains close working relationship with manufacturing and sales & operations planning to uphold and improve the quality of our products.
- Strongly networked and well-informed about the chemical industry – well versed on what companies produce which materials and follows emerging trends in products and functionality.
- Knowledgeable about molecular structure: performance relationships in order to build in desired traits through chemical synthesis. Leads teams to develop new chemicals using TOFA & Rosin backbones, as well as integration of new starting materials to product portfolio.
- Asks ‘Why not?’ instead of ‘Why?’ Embodies a can-do attitude.
- Challenges business & technical groups to think bigger and faster.
What you need to succeed:
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or other applicable field.
- 15+ years post-degree industrial experience
- Broad knowledge of the Specialty Chemical Industry
- Deep technical understanding of one or more of the following: Adhesives, Lubricants, Ag Chemicals or Oleochemicals including chemistry and customer applications of products
- Ability to translate the performance of Ingevity products into customer valued benefits
- Ability to translate customer unmet needs into product development projects
- Ability to lead a diverse team of chemists and engineers
- Strong commitment to and knowledge of safety and Responsible Care
- Ability to work closely with our manufacturing plants to: introduce new products and processes, improve and troubleshoot existing products and processes.
- Deep understanding of structure activity relationships and the ability to leverage that understanding to build new products for our businesses
- Demonstrated history of patent and IP protection
- 15% travel required domestic and internationally
To apply, please visit: https://careers-ingevity.icims.com/jobs/1565/technical-director/job