Location: Charleston, SC
Please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Click on the link below to apply!
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. We believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results.
At Ingevity, we harness the bold spirit, innate curiosity and remarkable ingenuity of our people to develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads last longer, and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Already a leader in markets in which we compete, we leverage our deep technical expertise and knowledge of our customers’ industries to turn complex challenges into powerful possibilities and value-added solutions. We prize creativity and imagination and we’re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
We know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success. Interested? We thought you might be, and we’re so glad!
We are searching for a bright and energetic Applications Chemist who is strategically focused on driving business results with an aggressive desire for excellence. This individual embodies a can-do and collaborative spirit and is committed to excellence.
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Be an expert in how our products are used across markets, applications and customers. Help to optimize our products for specific needs and use customer feedback to innovate product offerings.
- Build a database to compare our products to competitive offerings as they relate to end-use applications testing. Use this data for customer/sales support and promotional literature.
- Help to position our products based on end-use performance of our products in various applications through comparative analysis and testing.
- Be an expert across all formulation components and how those components interact with each other to achieve desired end-use performance.
- Deliver exceptional product and technical assistance to customers across the spectrum of applications to solve their toughest formulating challenges. This requires superior problem solving and critical thinking skills to develop out of the box solutions, all while utilizing a realistic focus on the level of detail needed.
- Help to identify needs in our applications laboratory capabilities to help better support our customers.
- Utilize strong verbal and written communications skills to prepare and deliver presentations to customers and conferences, as well as in the development of technical and marketing literature.
- Flourish in an environment where both independent work and team play are required.
What you need to succeed:
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Material Science
- 10 years of post-degree industrial experience
- Deep knowledge of Metal Working Fluid formulations and testing
- Ability to fit into a close knit highly focused team
- Experience in other fields of tribology a definite plus
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment
- Experienced in the use of Design of Experiments
Ingevity provides specialty chemicals and high-performance carbon materials and technologies that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, publication inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Through a team of experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures and brings to market products and processes that purify, protect and enhance the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please click here to apply.