Summary of Position:
- Manage, support, and develop assigned regional product line/market combinations in focused industry segments in alignment with global strategic plan to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Provide New Product Development Direction – stage gate (innovation) and One Gate (minor product modification/customization) products
- Determine and review market requirements through focused market analysis and voice of the customer, including key customer identification, competitive SWOT analysis and trend analysis. Develop and manage the product line’s pricing / margin strategy (base prices and target margin), aligned to global and regional price strategies. Minimize erosion. Develop and lead execution of growth strategy and Marketing Program
- Portfolio Management – Proactively manage product portfolio to ensure product optimized to meet market needs and eliminate redundancy and non-value added products. Collaborate with R&T, Supply Chain, Master Data, Product Stewardship and Sales
- Align R&D projects, global strategy and supply chain; propose and prioritize development of new products, applications, harmonization of formulary and develop a high level of product differentiation of and vitality of products. Lead or actively participate in stage gate programs including business case development and launch planning and execution
- Provide product application knowledge and technical support to sales team and distributors, build sales team knowledge of products; train and lead the sales team to successful growth of the product line with case studies and developed KPI’s with a network of champions
- Develop Marketing Programs integrated with regional product-line counterparts, Industry Managers and Key Account Managers. Develop and implement brand and image proposals. Develop and grow relationships with key customers to encourage and support use of company products/solutions in collaboration with Sales and R&T
- Develop product training material, and marketing collateral including web seminars, eMail campaigns, technical data sheets, newsletters and brochures for Corporate internet, product lines and tradeshow support
- Provide input to the annual business planning process and to the demand forecasting process
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum 10 years relevant strategic marketing, product line or technical sales experience required.
- Previous line management and technical background / experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and CRM
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.