This position will be primarily responsible for growing PA66 sales through new customer acquisitions in the Automotive, Electrical & Electronic (EE), and Consumer & Industrial (C&I) market segments. Secondary responsibility includes account maintenance for current customers.
- Increase sales
- Develop customer relationships
- Learn and develop market expertise in automotive, EE, and C&I market segments
Regional Business Director, Americas
- Develop new customer accounts in the automotive, EE, and C&I market segments.
- Manage all facets of the account development programs including requirements assessments, product qualifications, contract negotiations, business closures and contract execution.
- Manage global sales accounts.
- Deliver results on annual sales plan targets.
- Negotiate and secure sales contracts.
- Develop in-depth relationships with new customers at various levels of the customers’ organization.
- Gather competitive intelligence, particularly on competitive products, pricing, and product performance.
- Coordinate technical support to customers on issues related to Vydyne products.
- Assist in identification, development, and commercialization of new applications for our Vydyne products.
- Gather market information on potential new customers.
- Participate in Global Market Teams to ensure alignment of the regional strategy with the global strategy and contribute to the long term growth plans for our Vydyne products.
- Ensure customers receive highest quality service and products and resolve quality issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solver.
- Active listening skills to uncover unmet needs
- High standards of ethical integrity.
- Self-starter and results oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- At least ten years sales experience in plastics industry with demonstrated successful sales experience in Automotive, Film and/or EE markets segments required.
- Possesses relevant professional knowledge in Polymer/Plastics product area with the ability to engage in highly technical discussions in exploring potential business opportunities.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead multi-faceted global teams.
- International experience a plus
Why work at Ascend?
If you are looking for a career with one of the plastics industry’s most enlightened employers, Ascend Performance Materials offers an opportunity to develop a true sense of fulfillment and pride in your achievements.
Ascend provides an exciting platform from which you, your family and your community will benefit. You’ll become a trusted member of an interdependent and safe working environment where your opinions and ideas will be encouraged and respected, regardless of your position. Working alongside a diverse range of renowned technical experts on a continuous stream of industry-leading products and technologies, you’ll find a wide variety of opportunities within our growing business for both learning and career development.
Our culture is built on a strong set of core values that foster innovation and collaboration across every level of the organization. It is a culture grounded in open relationships between every member of the Ascend team. All of this is driven by an inspirational leadership team, intently focused on maximizing the new investment in the business.
The essence of our organization is embodied in the words “inspiring everyday,” and we have built a strong and confident business with performance at its core. It will be challenging but holistically rewarding and will enable you to achieve your personal and professional aspirations.
Ascend is an organization that genuinely seeks to inspire our people to inspire others. We believe this gives Ascend a higher purpose, making it a unique work environment for you to consider when choosing career options.