January 10, 2017
Job Position: Applications Manager – Lubricants located in Delaware – Atlas Point
Croda is seeking an Applications Manager to join our Lubricants R&D team in New Castle, DE. This is a senior technical role, responsible for maintaining an effective new product, data, and application development program meeting customer and market needs. The successful candidate will be expected to openly collaborate with both regional and global technical teams to achieve the Lubricants strategy – as well as operating cross-functionally to deliver world class technical output.
New Product Development and Applications 30%
- Support and coordinate the translation of market needs into viable new product and formulation concepts.
- Collaborate in conceptualization and assist in the development and investigation of new compounds as well as new applications of existing compounds.
- Work with legal and regulatory to register and protect new products and technologies.
- Manage programs to improve product offerings and regional processes used to produce them.
Technical Service 30%
- Assist customers and prospective customers on effectively using Croda products.
- Integrate and validate customer evaluations of product performance with internal approaches.
- Develop and execute alternate test methodologies to advance formulation development.
- Instruct customers about the proper use of Croda products.
- Instruct sales representatives on Croda products and how they function in specific
- Design and execute agreed customer-specific projects; guide peers and associates appropriately.
Marketing & Sales Assistance 20%
- Support the investigation of market trends, new technology development outside of Croda, and changes in the regulatory environment; proactively communicate results and highlight significant findings.
- Work with commercial and technical teams to identify and select product launch opportunities.
- Actively build Croda’s external professional reputation as an expert through meetings, symposia, literature, technical papers, posters, and presentations.
Technical Management 20%
- Lead purpose designed technical teams assigned to address individual projects.
- Instruct on Croda policies and ensure compliance of laboratory activities; develop SOP’s as appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with Croda and governmental SHE policies
- Maintain the chemical hygiene in labs and office areas
- Coordinate RD/PD and PLP activities to assure projects are advanced in line with agreed global priorities.
- Coordinate and report new data and new product development project activities globally.
Perform all duties within the Company’s Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations. All other duties as assigned by management.
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or a related subject (MS or PhD preferred)
- Knowledge of the automotive, industrial or marine Lubricants markets.
- Prior managerial and/ or project management experience is required along with a minimum of five years’ experience in lubricants applications and formulations.
- Must have excellent communication, oral and written skills and working knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Must have written and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must be able to travel by car and plane and lift 30 pounds
Please contact Mandi McElwain,
Lead Applications Scientist, Croda Lubricants Vice Chair Philadelphia STLE at Mandi.email@example.com for more information.